Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My First Day at the office

Today could perhaps be described as my first day at the office - though not quite. I am quite finished with exams (delight) but I am exhausted (less delight). I got about 9 hours sleep last night which was about twice as much as I'd had in the last 3 days so I'm completely on the mend! Tomorrow will be first day proper.

I also decided not to build today as Monday is "commit gay patches day".

So today has been 2-3 hours of toying with KDevelop and compiling version 6.6 of gdb as stated necessary on techbase. Debian packaging was something I also thought might be useful so, decided to have a bit of a go at that! Some decent docs available too. Quite easy really but needs some slight modifications for new users and people making packages that are not meant to be uploaded. Might do so myself but I'd say it's also available somewhere else... too many debian sites in my opinion as it is.

So, going to see The Fountain tonight and then tomorrow morning is proper work.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Good words.

Anonymous said...

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also.